Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The State Fair Game

Whenever my sisters and I go to a place with crowds (movie theatres, ball games, malls, etc), we play The State Fair Game. How to play: The winner is the person who sees someone they know first (before the others see someone they know). You have to say hello to that person. Once a winner is confirmed, the losers have to buy the winner a treat. The game is named after the State Fair because it seems like you ALWAYS run into someone you know at the Fair, and of course, the treats are the best prize ever (and the most expensive treats around).

I explain the game to you because it is my number one goal to win The State Fair Game when I go later this week.

I also CAN’T WAIT to eat cheese curds and a soft pretzel. I know my sister will be craving corn dogs and corn on the cob. We’ll also definitely share a tub of Sweet Martha’s.

So pretty much, that is why I go to the Fair: to eat. Even winning the Game involves eating.

Actually, today I was thinking about going to the Fair and I thought of a few other things I am looking forward to: the Miracle of Birth booth, the 4H exhibits, the chintzy freebies, and of course the people watching.

Should be a good time. I’ll be sure to give you a full rundown of what I ate when all is said and done.

1 comment:

Eva Joy said...

I am SO sad I will not be there to defend my State Fair Game title. I hope you guys have an awesome time. Eat an extra cheese curd for me!!