Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Mixed Bag

I head to Green Bay on Wednesday to act as Dad’s nurse as he gets his third chemo treatment.

What I am looking forward to:

  • Seeing Mom and Dad: Man, I seriously love being with my parents. We’ve gotten to the parent/friend point of life and it rocks.
  • Time in the car: Listening to music and sermons, driving, scenery, I love it all.
  • Chemo: Can’t wait to see what goes on and understand more about the whole process.
  • Food: My mom = best cook ever

What I am not looking forward to:

  • Seeing Mom and Dad: There’s no doubt that this has been a summer of suffering for them. I hate witnessing it.
  • Time in the car: It’s when my mind wanders most. Lately I end up in tears because I get so overcome with fear and anxiety.
  • Chemo: I don’t think anyone really wants to see their Dad have chemo. I mean, really. That stinks.
  • Food: I have a knee injury, thus no working out for 2 months, thus an added 10 lbs. I really don’t need to be tempted with yummy food right now.

So it’s a mixed bag. Say a prayer for my family. Cancer is a long road and we appreciate your support.

No comments: