Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympics

Call me crazy. I wasn’t that excited for the Olympics (I know – AM I EVEN AMERICAN?!). That was until I happened to have it on in the background as I finished up some emails on Sunday night and I saw the BEST. RACE. EVER. If you’ve been under a rock, USA beat France (who had been trash-talkin’) in the Men’s 4X100 swimming relay by a fingertip. Not only was it won in incredible come-from-behind fashion, it kept Phelps’ hope alive of breaking the record for gold medals won at a single Olympic games (8).

Still, I’m not glued to my TV like many people I know are. But I do really enjoy watching when I can. I’ve always loved sports and I’ve always been really competitive, so the Olympics really appeal in those ways. Plus, I cry at, like, every single back story they play. That’s just how I roll.

But you know what is really sad? I didn’t even watch the Opening Ceremonies (but the bits I’ve seen replayed looked amazing!). Instead I was following the VIKINGS! They had their first preseason game last Friday, but I was in Green Bay where we couldn’t watch it or find it on the radio. So Dad and I pulled up ESPN online gamewatch, and followed the screen as it refreshed after each play. Yes, I love football that much. Pathetic? Prolly. It was only a preseason game (that they lost), after all. But still. I have been a long suffering fan since the last great season (save one huge missed field goal) in 1998, so I really am looking forward to what should be a winning season! SKOAL!

No comments: