Thursday, July 22, 2010

Some Tasty Suggestions

I love living close to fun places to eat - the problem is that I don't take advantage of it enough! I told myself that I wanted to get to few more of these fun places that I've never visited sometime this summer, and so far I've done pretty well (checked off the list: Brasa, Matt's Bar, Psycho Suzy's). I also like getting a few magazines that inform me of these places. The August MN Monthly Mag had a list of 24 great places to eat or drink outdoors:

The Drive-In, Taylors Falls
Al Vento, Mpls
The Kitchen, Stillwater
Bar Lurcat, Mpls
The Dakota Jazz Bar and Restaurant, Mpls
Aperitif, Woodbury
Aster Cafe, Mpls
Bricks American Pub, Blaine
Campiello, Eden Prairie
D'amico Kitchen, Mpls
Black Forest Inn, Mpls
La Grolla, St Paul
Molly Cool's Seafood Tavern, Lakeville
Moto-I, Mpls
Happy Gnome, St Paul
Muffaletta, St Paul
Northcoast, Wayzata
Uptown Cafeteria, Mpls
Sea Change, Mpls
Meritage, St Paul
The Sample Room, Mpls
Tria Restaurant Bar and Market, North Oaks
W.A. Frost, St Paul

I've been to a number of those places, but there are definitely a few on that list that I've been hearing about and I want to get to sometime soon!

I also subscribe to the Groupon emails, and I've gotten a few coupons to places I've been wanting to try (Stabby's Cafe is one of them; Town Talk Diner is another. Both are so close to my house, and I've heard that the TTD has the best cheese curds short of being at the State Fair! Can't wait to check those out!)

I can't remember which magazine I found the following list in, but I wanted to include it in this post so that I can remember a few of these places to get to at some point (like to Dave's Popcorn - I've driven past it every day for almost four years and I've never tried anything from there!):

Least Inviting BBQ Place that has Great BBQ: JC’s BBQ 2117 W Broadway Ave, Mpls
Business Worthiest of the mantra, “Cavities are Temporary, Carmelcorn is Forever”: Dave’s Popcorn 1848 E 38th St, Mpls
Best Pit-Stop Meal: Hot City Pizza (specialty is white pizza with garlic sauce)
Best View of Downtown St. Paul: River Boat Grill 105 Harriet Island Rd, St Paul
Best Soul Food: The Favor Café 913 W Lake St, Mpls
Best Road Trip-worthy Burger Place with a Slightly Misleading Name: The Ox Yoke Inn, 261 CR 92, Maple Plain

No comments: