Sunday, July 11, 2010

New Book

I started a new book this weekend - Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. It's one of my sister's favorite books, so I've been looking forward to reading it. I started it while sitting on the dock with three fun girls, so I didn't really do much reading, but I already like it. Here is something I loved from page 5:

They were passing remarks back and forth the way they do and laughing that wicked way they have. And it seemed beautiful to me. It is an amazing thing to watch people laugh, the way it sort of takes them over. Sometimes they really do struggle with it. I see that in church often enough. So I wonder what it is and where it comes from, and I wonder what it expends out of your system, so that you have to do it till you're done, like crying in a way, I suppose, except that laughter is much more easily spent.

I think I'm going to like it! Now on to page 6....

1 comment:

Eva Joy said...

Oh man. Just remembered how much I LOVE this book.