Sunday, April 11, 2010

National Poetry Month

If you like poetry, you might want to stop by my sister's blog. She celebrates National Poetry Month (April) by posting a poem each day. My greater appreciation of poetry came during my College Prep class in high school where our teacher started class each day by reading a poem. I still have those poems somewhere and someday I'll also post a poem each day of National Poetry Month. But for now, I'll just enjoy the ones my sister posts.

Some of the poems she's posted have been especially touching as we went through the loss of our Grandma last week. She posted a poem that made me think about how much my Grandparents loved each other and all the things they have walked through together, and another poem that made me think of how much I love my Grandparents and the things we did together, like spending time in Yuma with the grapefruit trees. She posted a poem that made me realize how much I love the familiar drives that take me to places like home, and another poem that made me think about the specific reasons why I love that home - even though, but mostly especially because, it's a small town.

So, Happy National Poetry Month everyone!

No comments: