Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's Not Too Late!

My best friend from high school loves fast food almost as much as me. The only fast food chains in our small town were Dairy Queen and Hardee's, so we used to drive almost 30 miles one way just to grab a burger at Burger King or cheesy bread at Pizza Hut. I loved those times....sometimes I think I love fast food due to my nostalgia more than anything else.

Regardless, because of her fast-food-love and current state of being pregnant, I wasn't surprised when she told me last night that she enjoyed a six-piece chicken strip basket and a blizzard from DQ for dinner. What did surprise me was when she said her husband got his blizzard for 25 cents!!! Apparently DQ is running a promotion for the 25th birthday of the Blizzard where you buy one Blizzard and get the second for 25 cents. AMAZING. The deal is good, with no coupon, from April 19-25. The bad news is that I've already missed a few days of the deal, but the good news is that it's not too late. We still have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to enjoy the treat!

The whole fam is headed to my sister's for the weekend, and I may or may not have called her to make sure her small town has a DQ. It does, so we'll definitely be headed there on Saturday!

In other DQ news, I enjoyed the best ice cream cake on Monday for little sister's bday. I don't really like cake (not a big fan of the grainy/sugary frostings, but I can handle the more whipped-creamy versions) so I usually am thrilled to have ice cream cake as a substitute.....and even more so when it's the new Cookie Dough Blizzard Ice Cream Cake! DELICIOUS!!!!

No comments: