Thursday, March 25, 2010

Real Simple 10th Anniversary Issue

I totally LOVED reading the Real Simple 10th Anniversary Issue. (I also love that I'm the roommate who always gets the mail so I can read through my roommates magazines before she gets home....)

I especially liked the feature where they compiled the best of new uses for old things. Some of my favorites:
  • a tissue box as a plastic bag dispenser
  • a dryer sheet as a pan cleaner (put it in the bottom of an especially hard-to-clean pan, fill it with warm water, let it sit overnight)
  • a tea strainer as a sugar duster for bars, etc.
  • a toothbrush as a corn on the cob cleaner
  • a ketchup bottle as a pancake-batter dispenser
  • a toothpick as a sewing aid (put it between the button and your clothing to create the right space - not too tight, not too loose)
That's all. I just wanted to write those down somewhere because I figured I'd forget about them unless I have them somewhere I can refer to. The whole issue seemed especially beautiful and informative to me. Loved it.

No comments: