Thursday, March 11, 2010

Big Mac Fan*

No, this is not a post about how I’m a fan of the Big Mac at McDonald’s (though that wouldn’t surprise you….); it’s a post about how I’m a big fan of my new MacBook Pro!

My sisters both switched to Macs at some point last year, and I have been a little jealous of them ever since. I decided I had to save my pennies until I could buy it with cash, and that moment came at the end of January…..until I had to cover the emergency dog expenses while my roommate was out of the country. She’s reimbursed me, so I dropped off my PC at the Apple Store for a data transfer while I was on vacation, and I’m currently fully entrenched in the tasks of switching from PC to Mac. I have absolutely no idea how a few things work, but I just have to be patient (not easy for someone who wants everything in its proper place RIGHT NOW) and figure it out little by little. I am THRILLED to have a computer with a battery life of longer than 7 minutes, and I’m excited about finally being able to conveniently Skype! If you’re a Mac user, you should comment on what your favorite features are so I can figure them out!





*This title comes from an inside joke that I’m not even a part of (my sister is), but I like the play on words, so I stole it. And the joke would be "lost in translation", so I won't even try.

1 comment:

E Manders said...

Hannah - welcome to Mac-ownership happy land. :) My favorite things as a new owner have been ... the touch pad which does different things depending on how many fingers I use and iphoto. Iphoto is the BEST INVENTION EVER :) ... the facial recognition thing is sweet! I actually really like iwork, too. It's so easy to navigate - let me know if you have any questions - I may not know the answer but love trying to figure things out! (Ichat is also great!)