Monday, November 2, 2009

Plus One

[sidenote: I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged......]

Apparently things got a bit out of control at Lambeau Field yesterday. 43 people were ejected from the game and 13 were arrested. And that doesn't even count the guy sitting in front of me.

I have been to MANY professional football games, most of those being Viking/Packers games, and I have never been so offended by another fan. It's one thing to cheer for your team, yell for a flag, etc. (as I was......as everyone was.....) but it is an entirely different thing to say something horrible directed at another person. There's no way I could repeat what he said to me, and had I told security, he would have been ejected in a second. But I didn't tell anyone (though many people around me also heard him), and I still kinda wonder if I should have. Oh well. It's over now, but it stinks that it sorta ruined my enjoyment of the game. So I'll just add a plus one to that total, knowing that he would absolutely have been hittin' the streets if I would have spoke up.

I expected Favre to get booed at first, but it lasted the entire game. It was kinda crazy how everyone was so worked up, more so than other games, because of Favre's return. And it didn't help that the game was moved to 3:00, so there was a lot more alcohol consumed by that time than a noon game. Overall it was fun to be there, and I am just so happy the Vikings won!

1 comment:

Eva Joy said...

I told Chinwe about him this afternoon and she couldn't believe it. I still wish I had talked to security at half time. Next time I am not letting you talk me out of it!

I went to the dentist today and the hygienist commented that my throat was very inflamed and she wondered if I was sick. I told her I was at the game yesterday and my throat was just raw from yelling. She laughed at me and said she had never before seen anyone's throat so red just from cheering. :-)