Monday, November 9, 2009

Every Time

My new territory for work has parts of Anoka and Coon Rapids in it. Seriously, every time I start driving on Hwy 10 West I want to merge onto Hwy 169 North and KEEP GOING UNTIL I GET TO THE CABIN.

Every time.

And then I remember that someone else is living there right now, so I just get back to work and think about next summer. CAN'T WAIT.

Part of my itch to go to the cabin was because it had been so long since I had been on a road trip (and let me tell you - I LOVE ROAD TRIPS), but going to Green Bay for the Vikings game last weekend helped to quench that thirst a little bit. Mostly because I had my little sister laughing the HARDEST I have ever seen her laugh EVER on the ride over there.....she had tears dripping off her chin. It was AWESOME. And so fun. ........ ......... and now I want to do it again! That's the problem with road trips.....they are so fun that I just want to do them all the time! Especially when the weather is SO PERFECTLY FALLISH like it has been for the last few days.

I got another little fix this weekend as I drove to camp for a perfect fall weekend at Quilt Retreat. I felt accomplished, even though my sewing machine broke halfway through, and we had a great time of catching up with friends and relaxing. It's not the cabin, but it definitely ranks up there as one of my most favoriteist places on earth ever. ever. Loved it.

Hope you were all able to enjoy the weekend, as well! (can you tell it is bloggy catch-up night for me?!.....)

1 comment:

Eva Joy said...

Oh my gosh.

I can. not. think of the last time that I was laughing that. hard.

Pretty sure it will forever be one of my favorite roadtrip moments ever.