Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Whirlwind

I haven't posted in the last 10 days, but I have been in three states in the last 10 days.

A lot of what I've done was unplanned and super fun, but it makes life feel like a whirlwind. I'd like to think that I could make it through three more days of work (and two evenings of activities at church) and look forward to a weekend of catch-up, but alas, I will be headed to a fourth state instead. Definitely not complaining. I'm having too much fun. Minus the nasty cough slash chest cold I get when I fly too much and sleep too little. Oh well. Totally worth it.

Here is a list of things I recommend you do that I have done in the past week-ish:
  1. Drive along the southern MN/WI border when the fall colors are peaking. Beautiful.
  2. Play Rook.
  3. Watch football while eating the Best Burger Ever.
  4. Go to a costume party. With your dog - in a matching costume. Yep, I was *that* girl.
  5. Decide last-minute-on-a-whim to fly cross-country to see a BFF and her new baby.
  6. Get your ticket for aforementioned trip for 37 bucks (and 25,000 flier miles).
  7. Fly first class.
  8. Hold a tiny baby who loves to cuddle up and sleep on your chest.
  9. Buy tickets to see Wicked. Again.

Now a list of things I don't recommend you do that I have done in the past week-ish:

  1. Attend a week long meeting in Houston where even the October weather makes your hair poof up like cotton candy.
  2. Walk the streets of Houston at night - SC. AIR. EEE.
  3. Allow yourself only 30 hours to return from Houston, decide to take another trip, plan said trip, buy the ticket, pay your bills, unpack, repack, work a nine hour day, have dinner with a friend and catch your next flight. Oh, and sleep. Sort of.
  4. Catch a nasty cough slash chest cold.
  5. Fly with nasty cough slash chest cold. NOT fun for the ears!
  6. Read a book you were really looking forward to - only to be disappointed.

Oh my, it has been a good 10 days.

And the tickets for Wicked are for this coming weekend. There is NOTHING I like more than a good musical! Except for maybe a good road trip. And I like my sisters even more than either of those. So when I combine all three on Saturday, I will pretty much be in hog heaven.

OINK!

1 comment:

Eva Joy said...

Oink Oink Oink

(that means "I'm really excited, too" in hog heaven langauge)