Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, Similar Intentions

I had some pretty simple resolutions as I went into 2010. Read my Bible, run a half-marathon, and possibly complete another Olympic triathlon. My bigger focus in my resolutions/intentions revolved around the core values that I developed for myself around this time last year.

I'm really thankful for the focus that having core values has provided for me over the last year. Because of that, I intend to approach this year with pretty much the same resolutions/intentions (read my Bible, run a half-marathon, possibly complete another Olympic triathlon, and focus on my core values). There are a lot of little things I need to improve on (drink more water, work out more consistently, eat a more balanced diet, etc......), but I always try to implement too many changes all at once and then none of them stick. So.....small, consistent changes are what I'm going for.

I do have one BIG goal for 2011........to not use a credit card. This will be a STRETCH goal for me, but I need to make this change. I think that if I can maintain some discipline in this area, it will spill over into other things I desire - less clutter, less materialism, fewer piles of clothes all over.......

Oh, also.....I'm still single. Which means I'm still waiting. And I know that waiting is not unique to being single, so I thought I would share a quote that I came across that I thought was encouraging.

"To wait is not merely to remain impassive. It is to expect -- to look for with patience, and also with submission. It is to long for, but not impatiently; to look for, but not to fret at the delay; to watch for, but not restlessly; to feel that if he does not come, we will acquiesce, and yet to refuse to let the mind acquiesce in the feeling that he will not come." - Dr. A.B. Davidson, Waiting on God (quoted in The Hidden Life of Prayer by David McIntyre)

So, here's to a great year - one full of love, belief, hospitality, generosity, service, prayer, and joy!

1 comment:

Bex said...

Great quote! I can't get thru that book and feel dumb when I read it, but this was a goodie.