Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Kidney Humor

I have a medical history that is somewhat more eventful than most, including severe kidney complications. Because of that, I spent many years in and out of hospitals as a youngster and I have some pretty sweet scars stretching across my mid-section to prove it. My little sister never went under the knife, but we shared many years of taking nightly “kidney” medication and we now share a love for kidney humor.

“Kidney humor...."?? Yes, kidney humor. Trust me, there is such a thing. Have you ever seen the picture of me as a toddler in nothing but a diaper and shoes holding a bag of my own urine that is connected to a tube coming out the side of my body? Now that’s funny (probably not so funny to my parents at the time who had one very sick little girl on their hands).

My little sister is “my kidney”: should I ever have the need for a transplant, I have appointed her to give me a kidney, and she has (willingly?) accepted. So we make kidney jokes, and we laugh extra hard at the episode of 30 Rock where Jack is going to give his dad a kidney. We've also been known to say "I love you with all of my kidney".

And because of all this, my day was made when my sister emailed me the following picture:


HA! Greatest kidney humor ever!

via

7 comments:

Faith said...

Love it, made me laugh out loud!

Heidi said...

Hysterical! =D

Julie said...

LOVE it!!

Nick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nick said...

Great funny post. Came across your blog randomly using the "Next Blog" button.

Please check out my website and Facebook 'Like' us if you get some free time. I don't really utilize google followers any longer. However, you can still use the bar at the top to follow if you would like too. http://www.6laughs.com

Ciera said...

What a neat idea...my mom's been having kidney problems recently and I'll think I'll share this with her! Thanks for your humor!

pink queen said...

Hay Dear Thats a nice Blog. Hope You will be batter in your life.
Tourism & Life Style