Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Weekend Away

I'll admit that I've had PLENTY of weekends away this fall. It has been great, but it has also felt very busy. Many of the weekends have been jam-packed with activities, so this past weekend at Quilt Retreat was just that: a retreat.

There's not much I love more than driving through central Minnesota on a quiet morning after a huge weekend snow storm with just a few flakes floating to the ground while I listen to a great Christmas CD and drink coffee. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Everything was white and beautiful and I was able to reflect on a nice weekend, as well as the entire past year as I drove.

The weekend was relaxed - full of food, friends, family, and fellowship. Oh, and quilting. Even my quilting was relaxed. Often I'm rushing to get a project completed because I know I won't break out my sewing machine once I'm home, but this time I just worked on old projects here and there to get them closer to completion (go to this post to see pictures of the old quilts - I finally put a binding on the blue one and I put a border on the black/neon one. And I still love the maroon/tan quilt - I've finally put it on my bed for good.....totally doesn't match my room but I don't care).

I also learned the EASIEST bag in the world! I went straight to a baby shower on Sunday, so I had made some burp rags, but I also made a bag and put the gifts right in there! I will be doing more of that in the future.

Look at that cute little elephant poking out!

I've definitely decided this is the most efficient way to make burp rags - with a fabric (or ribbons) down the middle. Now I just have to wait another 6 weeks to meet the little baby these are for!!

No comments: