Monday, December 20, 2010

A Cozy Evening

Thanks to a rapid snowfall throughout the day, traffic was nightmare-ish all day....so I was glad to be tucked in all night in my sweats with cozy Christmas lights twinkling, a cup of hot soup, watching the Vikings game.

When I was rescued by my uncle from the blizzard, my aunt had a yummy chicken noodle soup in the crock pot when I arrived at their house. I normally don't like chicken noodle soup because I prefer more thick and creamy soups, but she had doctored it to make it very thick and creamy. I'm glad I was inspired to buy the ingredients last week so I had them on hand when I got home tonight. Here's what she does:

Dump in a crock pot: one can of chicken noodle soup (with big noodles), one can of cream of chicken soup, one quart of half and half, two cups of cooked egg noodles, two cups of cooked and chopped chicken, two cups of whatever veggies you like. YUM!

My aunt's mom passed away very unexpectedly this past weekend, so it was nice to make her soup tonight and have my thoughts and prayers with them as I did so.

No comments: